The Department of Diversity and Inclusion provides leadership and accountability to ensure that all members of NWTC are able to engage in academic pursuits, obtain and maintain employment, and utilize college services without experiencing discrimination or harassment.
What We Do
- Develop and articulate a clear vision and direction that utilize innovation and creativity to maximize opportunities for improvement and growth for equity, inclusion, and diversity initiatives and align with strategic initiatives of the College and student success.
- Advocate for an environment which encourages collaboration, collegiality, integrity, and teamwork and values the diversity of ideas and people.
- Serve as the College’s liaison in civil discourse and action around equity and inclusion, College- and community-wide.
- Facilitate, implement, and support multi-ethnic community events.
- Provide leadership to diversity initiatives to ensure campus climate is addressed as well as to increase awareness that we are committed to embracing the worth of every individual, creating a place for all people and promoting the respectful environment necessary for intellectual and personal discovery.
- Collaborate with the President’s Diversity Council to keep the College abreast of issues important to the multi-ethnic community.
- Engage in active recruitment of a diversified student body and workforce (faculty and non-faculty, benefit-eligible and part-time) by using creative and innovative strategies.
- Monitor and implement all phases (including the development of the five-year compliance plan) of the College’s Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Title IX programs to ensure local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and reporting are met.
- Develop and submit periodic updates as required or requested.
- Monitor legal developments and compliance issues.