The Sturgeon Bay campus is a 60,000 square foot facility located in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin.
The Sturgeon Bay Vocation School was started in 1941 to help meet the vocational demands of the community during World War II.
The Vocational Schools expand their territories and start to offer two-year technical programs and vocational diplomas.
Our Diesel program was started in the basement of the Sturgeon Bay Fire Station.
Brown, Door, Kewaunee, and Oconto counties formed the Wisconsin Vocational, Technical and Adult Education District 13.
The united Schools received a new name – the Northeast Wisconsin Technical Institute (NWTI).
The Sturgeon Bay campus built a new facility to accommodate 100 students in 1971, and was ready for classes in 1972.
In 1987, the Institute’s name changed again to Northeast Wisconsin Technical College.
Starting in the early 1990’s, the College pioneered the use of online technology to offer flexible options for education.
In 2003, NWTC is ranked as the fastest growing 2-year college of its size by community college week.
As the College continues to develop innovative ways to serve it students and community, the future holds even more possibilities.